Ability manufactures AQUAdura a quality, easy-to-use, water-based, dirt repellent, clear, protective, and decorative ‘sealer’ coating for concrete and similar building material surfaces.
Ability’s AQUAdura is a single pack, 100% pure acrylic transparent liquid surface coating or ‘sealer’ for use in exterior or interior situations. It features modern convenient, water wash up technology. It provides a lasting high sheen, semi-gloss finish.
AQUAdura is suitable for use on firm, sound, and clean surfaces. It can be used for:
• Residential concrete driveways
• Rendering mortars and grouts
• Concrete products
• Plasterboard materials
• Concrete block and baked clay masonry
• Pavers and flagstones
• Fibre cement panels
AQUAdura has been developed to provide durability and long-term performance, providing the following benefits:
• It is a quality 100% acrylic polymer resin latex-based advanced water dispersible clear coating formula
• Because of its formula, the product provides similar or better performance to many solvent clear coatings
• Provides a finish that is non-absorbent, tough and flexible, providing excellent protection from extremes of weather conditions
• Has excellent UV resistance
• Being water-based, it has very low VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds), and is a safe-to-use coating
• Is easily applied, fast drying, with spillage and wash up with water
Usage and application:
• Prepare surface according to instructions before application of AQUAdura. The surface should be free from dust, clean, sound and firm.
• Apply AQUAdura in temperatures between 12°C and 35°C
• For optimum durability, apply the product uniformly with a minimum of two coats
• Can be applied with any normal painting methods
On average, the coverage rate for a 20 litre pail of AQUAdura is 50m2 x 2 coats.
AQUAdura is supplied in 20 litre pails and 5 litre pails.
For maximum shelf life, AQUAdura should be stored un-opened in its original container, out of direct sunlight, and stored in temperatures not exceeding 25°C.
AQUAdura can be applied to surfaces internally and externally. It has been produced so that it can be applied to virtually any materials including concrete surfaces or comparably porous surfaces. Its suitability for a particular surface should be tested first.
AQUAdura is a non-hazardous, non-flammable, non-explosive substance and is classed as a non-dangerous good, however, it is recommended that the following Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and precautions are followed when handling and using the product:
• Wear full overalls, gloves safety goggles and a dust mask during mixing
• Avoid skin and eye contact
• Always wash hands before eating, drinking, smoking or using the toilet
For further Health and Safety information, please refer to the AQUAdura Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).